Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pick Me Up!

So these past couple of months I've grown increasingly discouraged about where I am right now in my life. I have to say, my living situation has changed so much since the last semester I completed at Bloomfield College. But I have just come to realize, mid crying session, after speaking to a friend on the phone that my life really isn't as bad as I think. I am crying over spilled milk compared to what I cried over in my past.
So what I gained all my baby weight back after I had my second daughter; I'll just get active again and slim down. So what I don't have a job; I'd rather be jobless, chasing my passion than overworking myself for a company that doesn't even notice me. So what I didn't graduate from Bloomfield College with my friends. I can continue my education here in Florida and make more friends. So what if I STILL cant drive; I'll learn!
Getting back to the point though. My life 6 months ago was literally a train wreck! Just one cart coming off the track after another. And to always remind myself of how tough its been I wrote about it. After reading over it for the first time in 9 months, I realized... I should not be mopeing about my situation. I should be bursting with tears of joy! I don't face any of the problems that I had 9 months ago and for that, I am grateful!

Here is my life 9 months ago:

I know where I’m going to be I’ve got good things going for me
There are times when it’s going to feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.
You’ve got no job.
Your car broke down.
You have nothing in your fridge and your kid is hungry.
You’re late with your rent.
You’re in thousands of dollars’ worth of debt.
Your family comes to you in need.
And then your license gets suspended because you didn’t have the money to pay off a ticket.
Things are going to continue to build up on your plate unless you put your foot down and do something about it.
I’ve had hard days but I always remember that there is someone out there facing harder times than I right now.
I look out the window and imagine that someone right this minute is shivering in the snow, without clothes on their back, without a place to call home, and a grumbling in their stomach.
As sad as it is (and I’m not happy about it) I can only smile and try to be grateful for what I do have.
I’ve got family that loves me.
I’ve got enough food to get me by.
I’ve got shelter over my head, clothes on my back and material objects to call my own.
I’m attending college almost for free.
I’ve got good things going for me and I’ve got my whole life ahead of me.
I know where I’m going to be in the future.
I know I’m going to make good money too.
I know that someday I will live a comfortable life and watch my daughter grow up happy.
I know that I’ll still have more than the people living in the streets.
So why worry?
Someday $2,000 will sound more like $200 and then $20, maybe even $2, 2 cents if I’m lucky.
I know where I’m going to be.
I won’t let the difficulties of today bring me down.
I’m going to let the obstacles of tomorrow bring me up!


Thanks For Reading! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yep, keep that head up! After all, I found my way to your blog from Fiverr. Looking forward to when I can chat with you about some upcoming projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! If you are looking to start some projects with me, shoot me an email! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Rate me! Let me know what you think of my art work and your experience with my service in your comments!